Search is on for stolen Kearns Community Council trailer full of event gear
KEARNS, Utah — Unified Police are looking for a stolen trailer full of thousands of dollars of event supplies that belongs to the Kearns Community Council.
“(The suspects) were likely believing that it was going to have a large amount of valuable items in it,” said UPD Kearns Precinct Chief Levi Hughes.
“What they discovered –I’m sure– when they opened it was that the items were valuable to a community, but not to the profit they were trying to get,” Hughes added.
Kearns Community Trailer
The trailer was full of an estimated $30,000 worth of tables, chairs, barbecue grills, audio equipment; everything the Kearns Community Council uses to put on its outdoor events.
Police are now looking for two men, who drove into a storage facility sometime between Sunday and Wednesday. According to police, they cut a tongue lock, and drove off with the trailer.
.@UPDSL in Kearns needs your helping finding this truck and trailer. The trailer is the Kearns Community Council’s – had $30K worth of event supplies like tables, chairs, and BBQ grills. The truck, and the two suspects, are believed to have towed it from a Kearns storage facility pic.twitter.com/FuMcYxB5Ao
— Lindsay Aerts (@LindsayOnAir) April 28, 2022
“It looked they had a plan,” Hughes said. “The entire community of Kearns is a victim, it is Kearns taxpayer dollars that pays for these things.”
The co-chair of the Kearns Community Council said it took the group 10 years to accumulate everything that was in the trailer.
Among the items now gone are “100 chairs, four 8-foot tables, two 8-burner barbeques, two barbeque tanks, audio equipment, flags, canopies,” said Roger Snow.
Equipment is needed for June event
The Council has an outdoor event coming up in June that it would need to use all this equipment.
“Quite honestly, I don’t know what we’re going to do,” Snow said.
If you’ve seen the trailer, or the two men accused of driving an older model white Ford truck, you are asked to call 801-840-4000. And ask for the Kearns Precinct.
“It’ appears to be a…long bed truck, extended cab — it’s towing around a white stolen trailer,” Hughes said.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- UPDATE: SLCPD investigating party shooting that left one in critical condition
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
- Semi-truck rolls on I-80 at U.S.-40, Silver Creek Junction
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong