Separate accidents send two people to the hospital with serious injuries
KAYSVILLE, Utah — A pair of separate accidents Thursday sent two people to area hospitals.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, a vehicle was traveling northbound on I-15 near the 200 North exit in Kaysville when it went off to the right side of the highway for an unknown reason.
The UHP says the vehicle traveled off shoulder for a distance before it hit an embankment. The vehicle also hit a pillar of the 200 North structure.
According to the UHP, the adult male driver was airlifted to an area hospital in serious condition. However, the injuries were not considered to be life-threatening, the UHP says.
The incident is under investigation.
Salt Lake Police responded to an auto-pedestrian collision Thursday morning.
The incident happened at 180 West 1300 South. Police say the individual crossing at 1300 South was not in a crosswalk.
The victim suffered serious injuries and was transported to an area hospital, according to police.
The driver remained on scene and was cooperative with police.
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday