UPDATE: All lanes open after auto-pedestrian crash on SR-201 in Magna
MAGNA, Utah — A pedestrian was seriously injured Monday morning after they were hit by a vehicle on SR-201.
A Utah Highway Patrol spokesman said a Ford Ranger was traveling eastbound on SR-201 near 8000 West. As the driver approached traffic that was stopped, they lost control of their vehicle and crossed into the westbound lanes.
The UHP said the driver hit an adult male who was setting up traffic control. The pedestrian was transported in critical condition.
The Utah Highway Patrol closed the westbound lanes of SR-201 at 7200 West in Magna. By late morning on Monday, all lanes had reopened.
Emergency crews are closing the westbound lanes of SR-201 at 7200 west in Magna for an auto pedestrian crash. Has alternate routes. pic.twitter.com/8FgDUryXey
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) May 2, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted