Fire sets off a propane explosion in Pleasant Grove
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — A fire that began with a homeowner burning branches in his backyard ended with an explosion and a power outage in Pleasant Grove on Sunday.
Pleasant Grove Fire Department Deputy Fire Chief Chase Gustman told KSL NewsRadio that the homeowner left the fire unattended for a few minutes and it spread to the shed on his property.
“That started on fire and it exploded,” Gustman said, “popping the roof off the shed and involving the power lines above the shed.”
A power outage extended for a couple of blocks around the property at 700 South Main Street in Pleasant Grove.
The fire did not injure anyone.
Gustman said police will determine whether the homeowner gets a citation.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event