Man injured after falling off house roof in Sandy
SANDY, Utah — Sandy Police say that an adult male was injured after falling roughly 20 feet off of a roof Thursday afternoon.
Police say the man was working on a roof in the gated community of Pepperwood when he lost his footing. Sgt. Greg Moffitt, of the Sandy Police Department, was unsure of what the surface was like where he landed.
Emergency personnel on scene decided to call in a medical helicopter and have the man transported to an area hospital. They say he had suffered trauma that was considered to be critical at the time.
Police say the incident is still being investigated.
- Sandy police investigating reports of shots fired near Lone Peak Park
- Sandy police are investigating suspicious death
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City