CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Man injured after falling off house roof in Sandy
May 19, 2022, 9:20 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:34 am
(PHOTO: Courtesy of Getty Images)
SANDY, Utah — Sandy Police say that an adult male was injured after falling roughly 20 feet off of a roof Thursday afternoon.
Police say the man was working on a roof in the gated community of Pepperwood when he lost his footing. Sgt. Greg Moffitt, of the Sandy Police Department, was unsure of what the surface was like where he landed.
Emergency personnel on scene decided to call in a medical helicopter and have the man transported to an area hospital. They say he had suffered trauma that was considered to be critical at the time.
Police say the incident is still being investigated.
- Sandy police investigating reports of shots fired near Lone Peak Park
- Sandy police are investigating suspicious death
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Alta wins the race to 800 inches, more snow expected Friday afternoon
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- As the snow melts, cases of canine giardia can increase
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial