Two teens dead in North Ogden crash after police pursuit
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — Two teens are dead following an overnight crash in North Ogden that began with an attempted traffic stop in the 700 block of 3100 North. North Ogden Police Sgt. Child tells KSL NewsRadio the car they attempted to stop took off westbound on 3100 North, speeding away from officers.
“Within seconds the vehicle went through the intersection of 450 East 3100 North. The officer said he saw sparks, the car went into a tree,” according to Sgt. Child.
Five male occupants were in that car, all five victims are under 20 years of age.
Sgt. Child says they do not know the reason that the vehicle sped away from officers, nor do they know if impairment was a factor, but a press release states that marijuana and alcohol were found in the wrecked car.
The three survivors were transported to the hospital, current conditions unknown as of early Saturday morning, but Sgt. Childs say they all should live.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Sinema leaving the Democratic Party and registering as an independent
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Highland man dies in snowmobile accident in Wasatch County
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- DWR and UDOT introducing new app Utah Roadkill Reporter
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years