Orem vehicle accident leads to shooting
OREM, Utah – At around 7:30 a.m., officers were responded to reports of a vehicle collision around 800 South Orem Boulevard. The suspect involved in the accident fled the scene.
Officers located the suspect around 1000 South 100 East where he fired shots at police while running towards a home. Officers returned fire before he made his way into the house, which was not his residence. He then barricaded himself in the house.
Police made verbal contact with the suspect and began negotiating. The other occupants of the home safely evacuated.
The suspect informed officers that he was injured and peacefully went into custody. He was transported to the hospital with injuries.
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Provo and Orem may combine their 911 dispatch centers
- Many Utah agencies train to ‘eliminate’ threats quickly
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Brigham City Police locate missing teenager
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- A 21-year-old man formally charged in fatal Ogden shooting
- West Valley police searching for suspect in apartment stabbing