CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Orem vehicle accident leads to shooting
May 28, 2022, 11:36 AM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:32 am
OREM, Utah – At around 7:30 a.m., officers were responded to reports of a vehicle collision around 800 South Orem Boulevard. The suspect involved in the accident fled the scene.
Officers located the suspect around 1000 South 100 East where he fired shots at police while running towards a home. Officers returned fire before he made his way into the house, which was not his residence. He then barricaded himself in the house.
Police made verbal contact with the suspect and began negotiating. The other occupants of the home safely evacuated.
The suspect informed officers that he was injured and peacefully went into custody. He was transported to the hospital with injuries.
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Provo and Orem may combine their 911 dispatch centers
- Many Utah agencies train to ‘eliminate’ threats quickly
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful