Orem vehicle accident leads to shooting
OREM, Utah – At around 7:30 a.m., officers were responded to reports of a vehicle collision around 800 South Orem Boulevard. The suspect involved in the accident fled the scene.
Officers located the suspect around 1000 South 100 East where he fired shots at police while running towards a home. Officers returned fire before he made his way into the house, which was not his residence. He then barricaded himself in the house.
Police made verbal contact with the suspect and began negotiating. The other occupants of the home safely evacuated.
The suspect informed officers that he was injured and peacefully went into custody. He was transported to the hospital with injuries.
- UPDATE: Victim of third Springville shooting identified
- Provo and Orem may combine their 911 dispatch centers
- Many Utah agencies train to ‘eliminate’ threats quickly
Today’s Top Stories
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Senate passes first major federal gun safety legislation in decades
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash
- After NY law is struck down, two Utah experts sound off on gun rights
- Search and rescue operation carried out in Centerville Thursday afternoon