CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Motorcyclist killed in crash in Garfield County
GARFIELD COUNTY, Utah — A motorcyclist was killed Monday in an accident near Tropic in Garfield County, the Utah Highway Patrol says.
According to the UHP, two individuals were riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle westbound on SR-12 near milepost 11. An antelope crossed the road in front of the motorcycle at 9:45 a.m.
The UHP says the motorcycle struck the antelope and the driver lost control. Both individuals on the motorcycle were ejected.
The male driver suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. The passenger was taken by ambulance, and then flown by a medical helicopter to an area hospital in extremely critical condition.
The UHP says both individuals were wearing helmets but were badly damaged.
The identities of those involved in the crash haven not been released as family is still being notified.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah