Utah plant company supports local LGBTQIA+ non-profit during and beyond Utah Pride Festival
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City has held the Utah Pride Festival in past years, and will continue the trend this year with the biggest Pride celebration in Utah to date. The festival is from June 4 through June 5. This year, Krado, a new Utah plant company will have a booth at the festival.
Krado’s goal at Pride
According to Aria Conran, director of growth at Krado, the company plans to gift plant propagation stands and show support for the local LGBTQIA+ community through donations to a local non-profit organization, Encircle, on behalf of those who stop by their booth.
Encircle offers an array of services for LGBTQIA+ youth, young adults, and families to thrive in their communities.
These services include drop-in hours, daily programs, friendship circles, and therapy.
The CEO and CO-founder of Krado, Eric Lo, said that beyond the Utah Pride Festival, the company plans to continue a partnership with Encircle, further helping and supporting the LGBTQIA+ community.
Furthermore, Lo said the company hopes to get plants into Encircles facilities to teach youth about how to take care of plants, but more importantly, the emotional and mental support plants can provide.
Krado developed a system to see your plant’s needs in real-time, the Leaflet system.
The Leaflet system includes sensors, access to their community, and personalized plant product delivery.
The sensors, once placed into the plant’s soil, read the health levels of plants. Then, that data can be accessed through their app.
Utah Pride Week 2022
During the 2022 Utah Pride Week, there will be 14 events and activities. These events and activities are held from May 29 through June 5, 2022. According to the Utah Pride Center website, most events are free and open to the public.
Their webpage has information on all events and activities held during the week.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Fire in West Valley City home contained to one room in basement
- Salt Lake City Police Department hosts holiday Pay-it-Forward event
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral