Listen to Utah’s 4th Congressional District debate
Jun 1, 2022, 1:09 PM | Updated: 1:30 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah’s June primary election is 27 days away, and voters in Utah’s 4th Congressional District will have a choice between Rep. Burgess Owens and his Republican challenger, Jake Hunsaker.
KSL NewsRadio is airing a debate between the candidates in that race on Wednesday, June 1, 2022. Rep. Owens will not attend the debate sponsored by the Utah Debate Commission.
On May 28, 2022, the Utah County Republican Party provided this statement regarding Rep. Owens’ decision not to attend this debate:
“It’s my understanding that the Debate Commission scheduled the CD4 debate without communicating with the candidates and it fell on a night that didn’t work for Representative Owens as he will be in DC. As far as other debate proposals, it’s up to each candidate and their team to decide what campaign opportunities provide value and I’m confident that Representative Owens will make the decision that he feels is best.” Skyler Beltran, Chairman Utah County Republican Party.
As well as the stream you see on this page, KSL NewsRadio will also air the debate live.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows