Garbage truck with bad brakes crashes into 7 unoccupied vehicles
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Seven unoccupied vehicles in the parking lot of a West Bountiful restaurant were damaged Friday after a garbage truck failed to correctly navigate the offramp from northbound I-15.
Police say the garbage truck was exiting the 400 North offramp when it traveled over the center median and struck the vehicles in the parking lot of the Ramblin’ Roads Family Restaurant at 544 West 400 North.
Police also say that a safety inspection was performed on the vehicle. The inspection found inoperable brakes and several other safety violations.
The 66-year-old driver of the truck suffered minor injuries in the incident. Police say the driver received a citation for the safety violations and was released from the scene.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- UDOT to temporarily close Cottonwood Heights I-215 bridge for restoration
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Missing girls from South Jordan found near San Diego
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar