Garbage truck with bad brakes crashes into 7 unoccupied vehicles
BOUNTIFUL, Utah — Seven unoccupied vehicles in the parking lot of a West Bountiful restaurant were damaged Friday after a garbage truck failed to correctly navigate the offramp from northbound I-15.
Police say the garbage truck was exiting the 400 North offramp when it traveled over the center median and struck the vehicles in the parking lot of the Ramblin’ Roads Family Restaurant at 544 West 400 North.
Police also say that a safety inspection was performed on the vehicle. The inspection found inoperable brakes and several other safety violations.
The 66-year-old driver of the truck suffered minor injuries in the incident. Police say the driver received a citation for the safety violations and was released from the scene.
- Semi-truck rollover in Woods Cross sends one person to the hospital
- Runaway trucks are big concern after a safety-inspection found 58-violations
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- Increased shoplifting puts pressure on retailers and raises prices
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Hawaii’s Mauna Loa is erupting for the first time since 1984
- New VA food pantry aims to curb food insecurity among veterans