UPDATE: Child missing from foster family found safe
Update June 16, 7:42 a.m: The Bannock County Sheriff’s Office said the Utah Division of Family Services no longer had the 10-year-old’s status as missing or endangered.
Our previous coverage:
OGDEN, Utah — The Bannock County Sheriff’s office reports that a 10-year-old boy is missing from a foster care family in Ogden.
Omar is pictured below along with his biological mother, Gelacitte Olivia Lizarraga, age 29. Both are reportedly members of the Shoshone Bannock Indigenous tribe.
The Utah Division of Family Services believes that Omar is with his biological mother.
Anybody who sees the child is asked to detain him and to contact Ogden City police at 801.395.8221. You may also contact a Utah Division of Children and Family Services caseworker by calling 801-875-1393.
- Six Utahns among dozens arrested near Pride event in Idaho
- A teen disappears from Box Elder County, Idaho family offering reward
- Trial venue for Lori Vallow Daybell moved to Ada County
Today’s Top Stories
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Natural Resources helicopter crashes in San Juan County, no injuries
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years