UPDATE: Child missing from foster family found safe
Update June 16, 7:42 a.m: The Bannock County Sheriff’s Office said the Utah Division of Family Services no longer had the 10-year-old’s status as missing or endangered.
Our previous coverage:
OGDEN, Utah — The Bannock County Sheriff’s office reports that a 10-year-old boy is missing from a foster care family in Ogden.
Omar is pictured below along with his biological mother, Gelacitte Olivia Lizarraga, age 29. Both are reportedly members of the Shoshone Bannock Indigenous tribe.
The Utah Division of Family Services believes that Omar is with his biological mother.
Anybody who sees the child is asked to detain him and to contact Ogden City police at 801.395.8221. You may also contact a Utah Division of Children and Family Services caseworker by calling 801-875-1393.
- Six Utahns among dozens arrested near Pride event in Idaho
- A teen disappears from Box Elder County, Idaho family offering reward
- Trial venue for Lori Vallow Daybell moved to Ada County
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Utah Rep. Mia Love pushes for compromise bill on immigration
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Emergency preparedness advocates say recent disasters are reason to be prepared
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song