CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
UPDATE: Child missing from foster family found safe
Update June 16, 7:42 a.m: The Bannock County Sheriff’s Office said the Utah Division of Family Services no longer had the 10-year-old’s status as missing or endangered.
Our previous coverage:
OGDEN, Utah — The Bannock County Sheriff’s office reports that a 10-year-old boy is missing from a foster care family in Ogden.
Omar is pictured below along with his biological mother, Gelacitte Olivia Lizarraga, age 29. Both are reportedly members of the Shoshone Bannock Indigenous tribe.
The Utah Division of Family Services believes that Omar is with his biological mother.
Anybody who sees the child is asked to detain him and to contact Ogden City police at 801.395.8221. You may also contact a Utah Division of Children and Family Services caseworker by calling 801-875-1393.
- Six Utahns among dozens arrested near Pride event in Idaho
- A teen disappears from Box Elder County, Idaho family offering reward
- Trial venue for Lori Vallow Daybell moved to Ada County
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County