Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments displaced by fire
SALT LAKE CITY — Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments were displaced Sunday afternoon following an apartment fire.
According to the Salt Lake City Fire Department, crews were notified of a structure fire at 761 South 300 East at 12:15 p.m. The fire was contained to the apartment of origin.
Apartments damaged by fire
However, three other apartments sustained damage from efforts to put out the fire.
Keith Paul, of the Red Cross of Utah, says 10-12 people lived in the four apartments impacted by the fire.
Fire officials say that sprinklers in the apartment building were activated and helped crews put out the fire.
Two people were treated on scene for smoke inhalation, but were released at the scene. No other injuries were reported from the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. No damage totals were provided.
The Red Cross is assisting those that have been displaced.
Please avoid 700 South and 300 East as @slcfire works a structure fire. Our officers responded to help with immediate evacuations and to shut down 300 East. As you can see, there are many resources on scene. All other info will come from the SLCFD PIO. #slc #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/krTRDyt6ud
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) June 26, 2022
On Sunday evening, a barbecue malfunctioned causing a house fire in Sandy. The fire went up the side of the house and got into the attic. The three residences of the house and a dog were safely able to get out.
According to the Sandy Fire Department, the residence will be displaced. The fire extended into the attic of a neighboring house, which was unoccupied at the time.
- Structure fire in Ogden displaces four people Friday evening
- Salt Lake City FD responds to structure fire Monday afternoon
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism