CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments displaced by fire
Jun 26, 2022, 7:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:31 am
SALT LAKE CITY — Residents of four Salt Lake City apartments were displaced Sunday afternoon following an apartment fire.
According to the Salt Lake City Fire Department, crews were notified of a structure fire at 761 South 300 East at 12:15 p.m. The fire was contained to the apartment of origin.
Apartments damaged by fire
However, three other apartments sustained damage from efforts to put out the fire.
Keith Paul, of the Red Cross of Utah, says 10-12 people lived in the four apartments impacted by the fire.
Fire officials say that sprinklers in the apartment building were activated and helped crews put out the fire.
Two people were treated on scene for smoke inhalation, but were released at the scene. No other injuries were reported from the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation. No damage totals were provided.
The Red Cross is assisting those that have been displaced.
Please avoid 700 South and 300 East as @slcfire works a structure fire. Our officers responded to help with immediate evacuations and to shut down 300 East. As you can see, there are many resources on scene. All other info will come from the SLCFD PIO. #slc #slcpd #saltlakecity pic.twitter.com/krTRDyt6ud
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) June 26, 2022
On Sunday evening, a barbecue malfunctioned causing a house fire in Sandy. The fire went up the side of the house and got into the attic. The three residences of the house and a dog were safely able to get out.
According to the Sandy Fire Department, the residence will be displaced. The fire extended into the attic of a neighboring house, which was unoccupied at the time.
- Structure fire in Ogden displaces four people Friday evening
- Salt Lake City FD responds to structure fire Monday afternoon
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- PornHub blocks users in Utah, cites state’s age verification law
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful