Tooele City releases fireworks restrictions map
TOOELE, Utah — Tooele City took to its Facebook Sunday night to release a map of its firework restrictions.
Just before Independence Day, the city posted an image stating where fireworks would and would not be allowed within city limits. The firework restrictions cover the entire year of 2022, ranging from July 2 to Jan. 31, 2023.
“We urge our residents to be extra careful, especially this year with the ongoing drought, and always use common sense. Please be safe,” the post reads.
Fireworks restrictions in Tooele City
According to the map, lighting fireworks will not be allowed in the following areas:
- North of 2200 N and west of Main Street.
- North of 1600 N and East of Main Street.
- South of Skyline Drive.
- South of Main Street west of 1000 W.
- East of Droubay Road.
- All parks in city limits.
In addition to this, the map details when lighting fireworks is permitted and for what holidays.
- July 2 to July 5 from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m., to celebrate Independence Day.
- July 22 to July 25 from 11 a.m. to 12 a.m., to celebrate Pioneer Day.
- Dec. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Jan. 1, to celebrate New Year’s.
- Jan. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. on Feb. 1, to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Lastly, the map says when fireworks can be sold. Class C fireworks may be sold on the following dates:
- June 23 to June 31.
- Dec. 29 to Dec. 31.
- Two days before and on Chinese New Year.
To learn more visit tooelefire.org
- As summer holidays approach, Lehi City announces firework restrictions
- Is it time to ban fireworks in Utah? For some, the answer is yes.
- Lindon City announces firework restrictions
- Provo fire department sends out reminder about July fireworks
- Be Ready Utah: What to do when wildfires close in on your home
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case