Child drowns in a backyard swimming pool in Kearns
KEARNS, Utah — A 15-month-old child drowned in a backyard swimming pool Friday afternoon, Unified Police say.
Police say the child was found unresponsive in the pool at a private residence in Kearns. There were other kids in the backyard playing near the pool. It occurred in the area of 5600 South 4540 West.
Police say the child crawled into a smaller pool and was later found unresponsive. The gender of the child has not been identified, according to police.
The child was transported by helicopter to Primary Children’s Hospital. However, police say the child was pronounced dead at 6:20 p.m.
This story will be updated.
- Unified police asking for public’s help in locating 2 endangered kids
- Magna dab lab shut down by Unified police, equipment, dabs seized
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Rudy Giuliani told by prosecutors he is a target in Georgia 2020 presidential election probe
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- Utah County authorities looking for woman involved in domestic violence incident
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death