Child drowns in a backyard swimming pool in Kearns
KEARNS, Utah — A 15-month-old child drowned in a backyard swimming pool Friday afternoon, Unified Police say.
Police say the child was found unresponsive in the pool at a private residence in Kearns. There were other kids in the backyard playing near the pool. It occurred in the area of 5600 South 4540 West.
Police say the child crawled into a smaller pool and was later found unresponsive. The gender of the child has not been identified, according to police.
The child was transported by helicopter to Primary Children’s Hospital. However, police say the child was pronounced dead at 6:20 p.m.
This story will be updated.
- Unified police asking for public’s help in locating 2 endangered kids
- Magna dab lab shut down by Unified police, equipment, dabs seized
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- SLCPD makes arrest connected to fatal stabbing case
- Winter blues: light therapy and lifestyle changes can help
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Evacuations ordered amid fears of an explosion as an Ohio train continues burning days after…
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan