UPDATE: A new team moves in to continue fighting the Halfway Hill Fire
SALT LAKE CITY — According to a press release from Utah Fire Info, the fire is measured at 11,728 acres and 70% contained. Fire restrictions are in place at multiple locations throughout Utah to prevent human-caused fires, such as the Halfway Hill Fire. Furthermore, the closure order is still in place for trails, roads, and other areas.
For a full map of areas closed click here.
🔥Today is the final shift for Great Basin Team 4 on the #HalfwayHillFire (11,728 acres, 70% contained). #Firefighters worked hard & the community’s appreciation kept morale on the fireline high. 🙌 https://t.co/5wrU6mSD05
For fire info ➡️ https://t.co/iB47a4kwoW pic.twitter.com/LGl2BVly7c
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 23, 2022
As Great Basin Team 4 team members leave the fire camp and return back to their homes, a Type 3 Team moves in to continue fighting the fire. Conditions remain dry and very hot.
UPDATE: Jul 23, 2022
According to the Utah Fire Info Facebook page, the Halfway Hill Fire has grown to 11,725 acres in size. Comparatively, on July 10, 2022, the fire was at 7,958 acres. The fire first began on July 8, 2022, around 2:00 p.m.
The fire is burning three miles southeast of Fillmore, Utah, and is believed to be human-caused.
Firefighters continue fighting the fire in temperatures that have reached over 100 degrees this week. Also, rehabilitation efforts continue by chipping brush and large wood previously cut to build firelines. And the removal of trees that pose a hazard near trails and roads is ongoing.
Evacuations for the fire commenced on the evening of July 13, 2022, following the containment of the fire perimeter adjacent to the subdivision. However, Fishlake North Face has an area and road closure still in effect, according to the Incident Information System website.
🔥This map charts fire progression from the July 8 start date & demonstrates the milder fire activity experienced on the #HalfwayHillFire since July 12. Find more maps, photos, and more information about the fire → https://t.co/iB47a4kwoW. pic.twitter.com/poud6Yfq8d
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 20, 2022
- UPDATE: The Halfway Hill Fire is now 7,958 acres in size
- Several Utah counties are under a Stage 1 Fire Restriction Order
- New fire reported in Zion National Park
- Fire officials say Jacob City Fire will cost $5.2 million
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Backcountry skier dead after fatal fall in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- More than 1,500 dead as powerful quake hits southern Turkey and Syria
- Bill permitting pregnant people to use HOV lane passes House
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- 2 arrested in central California shooting that left 6 dead, including mother clutching…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen