Bicyclist dies after he was hit by a car on University Parkway in Orem
OREM, Utah — A 28-year-old bicyclist died of injuries he sustained Sunday night after police said he was hit by a car on University Parkway.
Witnesses told Orem police that the cyclist was traveling westbound and was hit by a vehicle near 900 West. That caused the cyclist to fall off his bike and into traffic. Witnesses reported that nearby cars had no time to swerve.
The cyclist was hit again and sustained multiple injuries. He died of those injuries after he was hospitalized.
WB University Pkwy at I-15 NB Fwy Utah Co.
Center Lane Close
Est. Clearance Time: 11:00 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) July 26, 2022
Police said the driver of the vehicle is cooperating with an investigation, as are those who witnessed the accident.
The driver will be identified after his family has been notified.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- Washington County authorities investigating shooting of seven cows
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- New fire ignites in Spring Canyon in Carbon County
- Three arrested for obstruction of justice in WinCo murder case