Bicyclist dies after he was hit by a car on University Parkway in Orem
OREM, Utah — A 28-year-old bicyclist died of injuries he sustained Sunday night after police said he was hit by a car on University Parkway.
Witnesses told Orem police that the cyclist was traveling westbound and was hit by a vehicle near 900 West. That caused the cyclist to fall off his bike and into traffic. Witnesses reported that nearby cars had no time to swerve.
The cyclist was hit again and sustained multiple injuries. He died of those injuries after he was hospitalized.
WB University Pkwy at I-15 NB Fwy Utah Co.
Center Lane Close
Est. Clearance Time: 11:00 PM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) July 26, 2022
Police said the driver of the vehicle is cooperating with an investigation, as are those who witnessed the accident.
The driver will be identified after his family has been notified.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says