Flight from London to Los Angeles diverted to Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A commercial airline flight traveling from Europe to Southern California was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport Tuesday afternoon.
Virgin Atlantic Airlines flight 141 was traveling from London to Los Angeles. The flight was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport due to an “unruly passenger,” according to Salt Lake City International Airport spokesperson Nancy Volmer.
According to the Virgin Atlantic website, the flight landed in Salt Lake City at 4:41 p.m. According flightaware.com, the flight departed Salt Lake City at 7:28 p.m. It was expected to land in Los Angeles at 7:48 p.m. pacific time.
According to Salt Lake City Police, the passenger had to be physically detained by other passengers and the flight crew.
No information was provided on what specifically caused the flight to land in Salt Lake City.
- Delta flight safely returns to SLC after experiencing engine trouble
- Eurowings Discover flight debuts at Salt Lake City International Airport
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Lake restoration called “unconstitutional” by state agency
- What the bishops knew: Church releases details, timeline about Arizona sex abuse case
- Suspicious package at Intermountain Layton Hospital removed, detonated
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Judge sets up possible release of redacted affidavit justifying Mar-a-Lago search
- Direct selling and the big impact it has on the Utah economy
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Quantum computing of “great concern” to Rep. Chris Stewart, here’s why
- Park City Resort introduces paid parking systems
- Crash causes big delays in Tooele County