Flight from London to Los Angeles diverted to Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — A commercial airline flight traveling from Europe to Southern California was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport Tuesday afternoon.
Virgin Atlantic Airlines flight 141 was traveling from London to Los Angeles. The flight was diverted to Salt Lake City International Airport due to an “unruly passenger,” according to Salt Lake City International Airport spokesperson Nancy Volmer.
According to the Virgin Atlantic website, the flight landed in Salt Lake City at 4:41 p.m. According flightaware.com, the flight departed Salt Lake City at 7:28 p.m. It was expected to land in Los Angeles at 7:48 p.m. pacific time.
According to Salt Lake City Police, the passenger had to be physically detained by other passengers and the flight crew.
No information was provided on what specifically caused the flight to land in Salt Lake City.
- Delta flight safely returns to SLC after experiencing engine trouble
- Eurowings Discover flight debuts at Salt Lake City International Airport
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism