Head-on collision in Box Elder County leaves one person in critical condition, closes SR 13
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah — A head-on collision at 2800 West and State Route 13 in Box Elder County happened early this morning. The road is closed in both directions and Life Flight is responding.
Crews are on the scene and the Utah Department of Transportation estimates the road will be closed for one to two hours.
Traffic is being diverted to 2800 West.
The Utah High Patrol reported that an adult female driver is in critical condition and will be airlifted. The other diver is in serious condition.
Authorities have not determined a cause for the crash. The UHP said there will be lane restrictions while it investigates.
For current traffic conditions visit udottraffic.utah.gov
SR 13 at 2800 W, Brigham City, Box Elder Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 8:00 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) July 27, 2022
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter