Head-on collision in Box Elder County leaves one person in critical condition, closes SR 13
BRIGHAM CITY, Utah — A head-on collision at 2800 West and State Route 13 in Box Elder County happened early this morning. The road is closed in both directions and Life Flight is responding.
Crews are on the scene and the Utah Department of Transportation estimates the road will be closed for one to two hours.
Traffic is being diverted to 2800 West.
The Utah High Patrol reported that an adult female driver is in critical condition and will be airlifted. The other diver is in serious condition.
Authorities have not determined a cause for the crash. The UHP said there will be lane restrictions while it investigates.
For current traffic conditions visit udottraffic.utah.gov
SR 13 at 2800 W, Brigham City, Box Elder Co.
Est. Clearance Time: 8:00 AM
For updates: https://t.co/jaVMw7vcLm
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) July 27, 2022
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people dead in Taylorsville after shooting
- Unified Police looking for missing teen from Holladay
- Washington County authorities investigating shooting of seven cows
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Utah Little League player, after fall from bunk bed, is making progress
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- New fire ignites in Spring Canyon in Carbon County
- Three arrested for obstruction of justice in WinCo murder case