Check out Utah’s national parks today for free
Utah’s parks include Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion National Park.
The Great American Outdoors Act was passed in 2020 and set apart nearly $3 billion for maintenance projects for National Parks and other public lands. The Secretary of the Interior declared that Aug. 4 would be a free entrance day into the National Parks for the foreseeable future.
This Thurs, Aug. 4th is a ✨fee-free✨ day! Celebrate the Great American Outdoors Act by exploring your favorite @NatlParkService, @BLMNational, and @USFWS places! #RecreateResponsibly #GreatAmericanOutdoorsDay #GAOAAnniversary #GreatAmericanOutdoorsAct pic.twitter.com/R2qyeP7dOx
— Recreate Responsibly (@RecreateInfo) August 2, 2022
What to know before you go to national parks:
Arches National Park is the only one of the Mighty 5 to require a timed entry reservation. The reservation system allows the park to manage crowds and improve the visitor experience.
Be prepared for weather conditions. Utah has seen record-breaking heat this summer. Visitors are encouraged to bring plenty of water, wear proper clothing and seek out shade when possible.
Southern Utah can be prone to flash floods. Checking the National Weather Service before heading out is advised.
Make sure you are prepared to “trash your trash” and pack out anything you pack in.
For more tips on visiting Utah’s parks go to visitutah.com.
- Free national park program not used by families of color
- Parks Service uses humor in new bison safety campaign
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- SLCPD officer witnesses wrong-way drunk driver crash into embankment
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’…
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says