CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Four more arrests made in death of Lindon teenager
Aug 4, 2022, 2:36 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:28 am
(Laura Seitz/Deseret News)
LINDON, Utah — Lindon Police announced four additional arrests in the death of a 16-year-old. The arrests come two days after the first arrest, and four days after the victim’s death.
In a statement, Lindon Police Chief Mike Brower said all of the people arrested are between the ages of 16 and 17 years old. The first arrest was of a 16-year-old male.
Brower said all five “were involved in the circumstances surrounding the death of the victim.”
Police will not release the identities or the specific charges of those arrested due to their ages.
The investigation remains active, but Lindon Police said those directly involved with the case has been arrested.
Police believe the 16-year-old’s death occurred during an altercation near the area of Lindon View Park/Murdock Trailhead.
Related: Layton Police warn residents to be on the outlook for fake gold scam
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘They never gave up’: 39 incarcerated individuals graduate from South Park Academy
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Getting to better conversations on race with Mia Love, acknowledgment is everything
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away