Salt Lake shooting suspect under arrest after shots fired at Gateway Inn
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department arrested a 42-year-old man for allegedly shooting another man early Friday morning.
According to a press release, emergency responders in Salt Lake were notified about the shooting at the Gateway Inn, at 819 W. North Temple St. in Salt lake City.
Due to the nature of the incident, dispatchers sent paramedics as well as officers to the scene.
When first responders arrived, a 42-year-old man was found bleeding from his stomach. He was transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital.
Later, when Salt Lake City Police noticed a car leaving the Gateway Inn, they followed it. After a traffic stop, police said they arrested Anthony Griffin, age 42, as a suspect in the shooting.
Overnight, our officers arrested a 42-year-old man after he allegedly shot another man along North Temple Street.
During the investigation, officers found a stolen handgun inside the suspect’s shoulder bag.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) August 5, 2022
Police said they found a handgun in Griffin’s shoulder bag. They later determined the firearm was stolen. In addition, officers found nine grams of cocaine and a large amount of cash in Griffin’s possession.
Griffin was booked into the Salt Lake County jail for the following:
- felony discharge of a firearm,
- possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, and
- distributing/offering/arranging distribution of a controlled substance.
- Two arrested following SLCPD aggravated robbery investigation
- SLCPD arrest man for allegedly attacking another man with a machete
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Teen injured in West Valley City drive-by shooting
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting near Utah/Arizona border
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Woman warns of being followed at local store, police say you should report it
- Children among dozens killed in Egypt church fire
- EB off ramp at 3300 S, I-15 closed after a car hit a pedestrian