Salt Lake shooting suspect under arrest after shots fired at Gateway Inn
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department arrested a 42-year-old man for allegedly shooting another man early Friday morning.
According to a press release, emergency responders in Salt Lake were notified about the shooting at the Gateway Inn, at 819 W. North Temple St. in Salt lake City.
Due to the nature of the incident, dispatchers sent paramedics as well as officers to the scene.
When first responders arrived, a 42-year-old man was found bleeding from his stomach. He was transported by ambulance to a nearby hospital.
Later, when Salt Lake City Police noticed a car leaving the Gateway Inn, they followed it. After a traffic stop, police said they arrested Anthony Griffin, age 42, as a suspect in the shooting.
Overnight, our officers arrested a 42-year-old man after he allegedly shot another man along North Temple Street.
During the investigation, officers found a stolen handgun inside the suspect’s shoulder bag.
— Salt Lake City Police (@slcpd) August 5, 2022
Police said they found a handgun in Griffin’s shoulder bag. They later determined the firearm was stolen. In addition, officers found nine grams of cocaine and a large amount of cash in Griffin’s possession.
Griffin was booked into the Salt Lake County jail for the following:
- felony discharge of a firearm,
- possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, and
- distributing/offering/arranging distribution of a controlled substance.
- Two arrested following SLCPD aggravated robbery investigation
- SLCPD arrest man for allegedly attacking another man with a machete
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting
- Teen injured in West Valley City drive-by shooting
- Man killed in officer-involved shooting near Utah/Arizona border
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Chinese President Xi Jinping tells troops to focus on ‘preparing for war’
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?