UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
SALT LAKE CITY — According to a Twitter post from BountifulPD, all major issues due to the heavy rain have been taken care of. Additionally, they report no traffic accidents.
Assistant Chief Dave Edwards with the Bountiful Police Department, PD, said rain has stopped in Bountiful City. However, there was one 9-1-1 call for flooding.
Furthermore, Bountiful PD reports the 2600 south on-ramp for southbound I-15 is flooded and to avoid the area.
If needed, sandbags are available at the Bountiful Street Department on 950 S 200 W. The emergency preparedness team with the department has been contacted.
The heavy rain is creating hazardous conditions. We have contacted our emergency preparedness team and are assessing the conditions throughout the city.
Sandbags are available at the Streets Department at 950 S 200 W.
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) August 6, 2022
August 6, 2022, at 3:48 p.m.
The National Weather Service, NWS, for Salt Lake City issued a flood advisory warning. The warning is for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County. Furthermore, the advisory will be in effect until 5:15 p.m. on Aug 6, 2022.
NWS reported that these storms historically produce minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
FLOOD ADVISORY now in effect until 515pm MDT for portions of the Salt Lake valley and Davis county. These storms have a history of producing minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas! #utwx pic.twitter.com/f86lKIPqLM
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) August 6, 2022
- UPDATE: Storm brings flooding, mountain road closures, power outages to SLC
- Be ready for flash flooding: Expert shares advice
- With recent rain, burn scars raise concern for flash flooding in Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says