UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
Aug 6, 2022, 3:48 PM | Updated: 6:54 pm
(South Salt Lake PD)
SALT LAKE CITY — According to a Twitter post from BountifulPD, all major issues due to the heavy rain have been taken care of. Additionally, they report no traffic accidents.
Assistant Chief Dave Edwards with the Bountiful Police Department, PD, said rain has stopped in Bountiful City. However, there was one 9-1-1 call for flooding.
Furthermore, Bountiful PD reports the 2600 south on-ramp for southbound I-15 is flooded and to avoid the area.
If needed, sandbags are available at the Bountiful Street Department on 950 S 200 W. The emergency preparedness team with the department has been contacted.
The heavy rain is creating hazardous conditions. We have contacted our emergency preparedness team and are assessing the conditions throughout the city.
Sandbags are available at the Streets Department at 950 S 200 W.
— BountifulCityPD (@bountifulcityPD) August 6, 2022
August 6, 2022, at 3:48 p.m.
The National Weather Service, NWS, for Salt Lake City issued a flood advisory warning. The warning is for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County. Furthermore, the advisory will be in effect until 5:15 p.m. on Aug 6, 2022.
NWS reported that these storms historically produce minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas.
FLOOD ADVISORY now in effect until 515pm MDT for portions of the Salt Lake valley and Davis county. These storms have a history of producing minor flooding in low-lying and poor drainage areas! #utwx pic.twitter.com/f86lKIPqLM
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) August 6, 2022
- UPDATE: Storm brings flooding, mountain road closures, power outages to SLC
- Be ready for flash flooding: Expert shares advice
- With recent rain, burn scars raise concern for flash flooding in Utah
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two found dead after shooting at Cache County home
- Identities released of Hyrum couple found dead in their home
- Utah County Sheriff arrests driver accused in road rage deaths
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Former Gov. Herbert on field of 2024 GOP presidential candidates
- Utah will loan first-time homebuyers $20,000 for new homes
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away
- Four Republicans on board to run for Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Lawmaker says Bible ban didn’t follow the law he helped create