CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Victim of early morning shooting in Draper identified, suspect still at large
Aug 11, 2022, 7:49 AM | Updated: 4:08 pm
(FILE -- KSL NewsRadio)
DRAPER, Utah — One man is dead after a shooting in Draper outside the Heritage at Draper Apartments early this morning, and the suspect is still at large.
On Thursday afternoon, police identified the shooting victim as Remey Rowland, age 33. Police said Rowland did not live at the apartments.
Police do not yet have a suspect in custody.
Police responded to the area of 11715 South State Street around 1 o’clock on Thursday morning. They say they have leads, but do not yet know why the shooting happened.
Police do not believe that the suspect is a danger to the public.
The investigation is ongoing. Draper Police ask anyone with information to call 801-840-4000.
This story will be updated.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLCPD: One person in custody following fatal stabbing
- Avalanche clean up underway in Little Cottonwood Canyon after “major” Utah winter
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill