Victim of early morning shooting in Draper identified, suspect still at large
DRAPER, Utah — One man is dead after a shooting in Draper outside the Heritage at Draper Apartments early this morning, and the suspect is still at large.
On Thursday afternoon, police identified the shooting victim as Remey Rowland, age 33. Police said Rowland did not live at the apartments.
Police do not yet have a suspect in custody.
Police responded to the area of 11715 South State Street around 1 o’clock on Thursday morning. They say they have leads, but do not yet know why the shooting happened.
Police do not believe that the suspect is a danger to the public.
The investigation is ongoing. Draper Police ask anyone with information to call 801-840-4000.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation