Evacuations for areas in the Jacob City Fire burn scar lifted early Sunday
Aug 12, 2022, 7:25 PM | Updated: Aug 14, 2022, 8:27 am
(STOCKTON, UT) — Stockton police say evacuations of residents at the mouth of Soldier Canyon has been lifted.
Soldier Canyon will remain closed until County Roads Crews can clear and assess the damage to the roads flooding in areas within the Jacob City Fire burn scar
Tooele County authorities issued an evacuation order Saturday night in Soldier Canyon after flash flooding overnight.
Saturday night rain prompts weekend weather advisories
The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a flash flood warning for Salt Lake County Friday evening.
Additionally, a severe storm passed through portions of Weber and Davis counties Friday evening. The storm included heavy rainfall, strong winds and hail roughly a half inch in size.
A special weather statement has been issued for Ogden UT, North Ogden UT and South Ogden UT until 7:30 PM MDT pic.twitter.com/JEwOE15Dec
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) August 13, 2022
The NWS also issued a special statement for the Grantsville area due to expect wind gusts of up to 50 miles per hour and half inch size hail.
Mark Jones contributed to the article.
- National Weather Service announces flood advisory for Enoch and Cedar City
- Severe weather makes its presence felt Friday around Utah
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- New Great Salt Lake commissioner says he hopes Utah avoids ‘Great Salt Lake fatigue’
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Video: Sugar House man notices sinkhole of “unknown depth” in front yard, at a…
- Hydrologist optimistic about Salt Lake County runoff picture as thunderstorm threat looms
- Pilot crashes small plane in southern Utah after buying it from Nevada, officials say
- How To Plan a Business Retreat in Bear Lake This Spring
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- U.S. Department of Labor is suing the Chinatown Supermarket in Salt Lake
- Years before the attack on Pearl Harbor, Japan sank a US warship in China
- Utah historian uncovers artifacts from 1983 floods