Evacuations for areas in the Jacob City Fire burn scar lifted early Sunday
(STOCKTON, UT) — Stockton police say evacuations of residents at the mouth of Soldier Canyon has been lifted.
Soldier Canyon will remain closed until County Roads Crews can clear and assess the damage to the roads flooding in areas within the Jacob City Fire burn scar
Tooele County authorities issued an evacuation order Saturday night in Soldier Canyon after flash flooding overnight.
Saturday night rain prompts weekend weather advisories
The National Weather Service (NWS) issued a flash flood warning for Salt Lake County Friday evening.
Additionally, a severe storm passed through portions of Weber and Davis counties Friday evening. The storm included heavy rainfall, strong winds and hail roughly a half inch in size.
A special weather statement has been issued for Ogden UT, North Ogden UT and South Ogden UT until 7:30 PM MDT pic.twitter.com/JEwOE15Dec
— NWS Salt Lake City (@NWSSaltLakeCity) August 13, 2022
The NWS also issued a special statement for the Grantsville area due to expect wind gusts of up to 50 miles per hour and half inch size hail.
Mark Jones contributed to the article.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia