Power outage impacting much of Magna and West Valley City
SALT LAKE CITY UTAH —
This morning, around 5:10 a.m., Rocky Mountain Power (RMP) was made aware of power outages in West Valley and Magna due to an emergency repair at the substation.
Updated at 6:30 AM – Power has been restored to all customers at 6:06 am. The cause was due to an emergency repair at the substation. If your power is still off after resetting your main breaker, text OUT to 759677 or visit https://t.co/5KJ7zd0MQ1
— Rocky Mountain Power UT (@RMP_Utah) August 16, 2022
RMP said at least 2,683 customers have been affected. Just an hour later the power has been restored to all consumers.
Stay updated with power outages in your area through RMP’s website.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis