Suspect in Heber murder found dead, police say
Police had been searching for 35-year-old Michael Grant Asman since his girlfriend, 36-year-old Julie Burns, was found dead with a gunshot wound in her home on July 14.
Heber City Police said a U.S. Forest Service Ranger found Asman’s Chevrolet pickup in Wallowa State Park near Joseph, Oregon, and notified the county sheriff’s department.
A responding sheriff’s deputy later found Asman’s body about 100 yards away from his truck.
The HCPD said the medical examiner’s office will confirm Asman’s identity and his cause of death.
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- LGBTQ advocacy groups to file lawsuit over Utah’s transgender-related surgery law
- Officer-involved shooting in Iron County
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk