Update: Suspect in domestic violence incident arrested
Aug 17, 2022, 9:12 AM | Updated: 11:50 am
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A 21-year-old woman police have been searching for in connection with a domestic violence incident has been found.
Madeline Bernadette Lopez from Herriman was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of domestic violence.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said Lopez endangered her 13-month-old child and ex-boyfriend with a taser after breaking into his apartment. Police say Lopez threatened her ex-boyfriend with the taser, demanding he let go of the child. The man tried to flee, but Lopez allegedly slashed his tires before entering the apartment.
A day after the incident, detectives located Lopez and arrested her on suspicion of:
- Burglary of a dwelling/domestic violence, 2nd-degree felony
- Criminal mischief/domestic violence, 3rd-degree felony
- Aggravated assault/domestic violence, 3rd-degree felony
- Domestic violence in the presence of a child, class B misdemeanor
- Reckless endangerment, class A misdemeanor
- Burglary of a vehicle, class A misdemeanor
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office says Lopez is being held without bail until a judge can review the probable cause statement.
Utah Domestic Violence LINKLine
If LINKLine advocates are experiencing an increased call volume, calls will be forwarded to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
StrongHearts Native Helpline
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Rattlesnakes are appearing on Utah trails, around homes later than normal
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Herriman couple ‘lucky to be alive’ after socket smashes windshield
- Citing rising rivers, Sandy Mayor issues emergency declaration
- Public comment period approved for quarry in Parley’s Canyon
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows
- Source: Congressman Chris Stewart will resign, special election dates not known
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District