Update: Suspect in domestic violence incident arrested
SPANISH FORK, Utah — A 21-year-old woman police have been searching for in connection with a domestic violence incident has been found.
Madeline Bernadette Lopez from Herriman was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of domestic violence.
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office said Lopez endangered her 13-month-old child and ex-boyfriend with a taser after breaking into his apartment. Police say Lopez threatened her ex-boyfriend with the taser, demanding he let go of the child. The man tried to flee, but Lopez allegedly slashed his tires before entering the apartment.
A day after the incident, detectives located Lopez and arrested her on suspicion of:
- Burglary of a dwelling/domestic violence, 2nd-degree felony
- Criminal mischief/domestic violence, 3rd-degree felony
- Aggravated assault/domestic violence, 3rd-degree felony
- Domestic violence in the presence of a child, class B misdemeanor
- Reckless endangerment, class A misdemeanor
- Burglary of a vehicle, class A misdemeanor
The Utah County Sheriff’s Office says Lopez is being held without bail until a judge can review the probable cause statement.
Utah Domestic Violence LINKLine
If LINKLine advocates are experiencing an increased call volume, calls will be forwarded to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
StrongHearts Native Helpline
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia