Taylorsville police release details on suspected murder-suicide
Police have confirmed the bodies of 34-year-old Amanda Mayne from Taylorsville and 26-year-old Taylor Martin of West Jordan were found during their investigation.
Mayne and Martin were previously in a relationship, police say, but have not been living with one another for over a year.
“There are currently no court orders of protection in place between either of the parties,” the press release stated.
Recap of the scene of the suspected murder-suicide
According to the press release, the incident happened in the area of 3587 W. and 4700 S. at approximately 5 a.m..
Police were dispatched on reports of multiple gunshots fired. Once arriving on the scene, officers discovered a deceased woman with multiple gunshot wounds. The press release identifies this woman as Mayne.
Following this, officers further searched the area discovering the body of Martin. In addition to this, a loaded handgun was found next to him.
The press release says detectives are handling this case as a murder-suicide based on early indications. They do not believe there are additional suspects at this time.
Details are limited as this is an open investigation.
If you or anyone you know is struggling with thoughts of suicide, contact the National Suicide Prevention Hotline (1-800-273-TALK) or the Huntsman Mental Health Institute (1-801-583-2500).
If you or someone you know are experiencing trouble linked to domestic violence, the following resources are available to you.
Utah Domestic Violence LINKLine
If LINKLine advocates are experiencing an increased call volume, calls will be forwarded to the National Domestic Violence Hotline.
National Domestic Violence Hotline
StrongHearts Native Helpline
- Taylorsville Police searching for suspect in 7-Eleven store robbery
- Man in custody after high-speed chase through Taylorsville
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes