Mudslide closes portion of US-6 near mile marker 201 westbound
SALT LAKE CITY — A mudslide near MM 201 westbound, west of the Tie Fork Rest Area, has closed one lane on US-6 between Spanish Fork and Helper in both directions. Utah Highway Patrol says that eastbound traffic is moving slowly.
The Utah Department of Transportation Traffic, UDOT Traffic, says to use an alternate route. Furthermore, check the UDOT Traffic website for updates on conditions.
Driver Alert: US-6 between Spanish Fork and Helper is closed both directions near MP 200, west of the Tie Fork Rest Area, due to a mud slide. Use an alternate route. Check the UDOT Traffic App or @waze for updates. @UtahTrucking @UDOTRegionthree @UDOTRegionFour
— UDOT Traffic (@UDOTTRAFFIC) August 20, 2022
US 6 near MM 201 westbound is currently blocked due to a mudslide. Eastbound traffic is still open and flowing slowly. Please avoid the area if possible. More information will be released as it becomes available. pic.twitter.com/XcwbllQNlZ
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) August 20, 2022
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- Silicon Summit announces statewide expansion
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting