Multiple fences down after drivers speed through turn
CENTERVILLE, Utah – – Families in Centerville said they’ve had cars crash in their yards multiple times after drivers take a turn too quickly without stopping, crashing through their fences.
Some drivers are said to take the turn at speeds of 60 mph, posing serious danger.
One family said they heard a crash but by the time they got outside, the car that caused the noise was gone. Julianne Zollinger tells KSL-TV the worst part of the car crashing through their fence is that it’s happened before.
Zollinger wants the city to install more signage, street lights, and barriers because city ordinances prevent her and her husband from doing more, even from building a taller retaining wall.
- It’s time to crack down on people who run school bus stop signs
- Police looking for suspect after he allegedly used a U-Haul to commit theft
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols