Work at Utah’s Forbes-named best in state employer
UTAH COUNTY, Utah — After losing people to the “Great Resignation,” Nebo School District is recruiting.
Forbes named Nebo School District America’s best in state employer back in 2019, out of 80,000 employers. Spokesperson Lana Hiskey says she isn’t surprised.
“One of the things we really try to do is let our employees know they are loved and appreciated,” she said.
They recognize certain star and hero employers throughout the school year in board meetings, in the newspaper, and at other events.
Nebo is in the top 10 biggest school districts in the country. since 2004, Nebo has gained 300-1,000 new students every year. Additionally, Hiskey said the district is also helping parents save money. Nebo gave out more than $28 million in scholarships across their five high schools last year.
Hiskey said they luckily have most of their jobs filled but are still looking for classroom helpers as well as bus drivers and lunch workers and she feels its a great place to work.
Nebo is the fifth largest employer in Utah county as they have generations on generations of kids who come through the school.
The district is working to rebuild some of its “veteran” high schools including Spanish Fork, Payson High and Springville.
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Off-duty officer with Salt Lake City Police arrested