North Ogden Police investigating attempted kidnapping incident
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — Police in North Ogden are investigating an attempted kidnapping that occurred Thursday afternoon.
Police say the incident occurred at a meetinghouse belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 626 E. 2600 North just before 3 p.m.
According to a news release from the North Ogden Police Department, there was a delay in reporting the incident of about 15 to 30 minutes.
Police say the 9-year-old victim was walking to her family vehicle after school had concluded for the day at North Ogden Elementary. The family was waiting for the young girl at the church.
Police also say the suspect told the girl he was going to help her find her family. The suspect grabbed her by the arm and then opened the rear door of his vehicle. The girl was able to escape by kicking the suspect in the leg, according to police.
The suspect fled the scene before law enforcement personnel could arrive. The suspect was last seen traveling eastbound on 2600 North.
Police say the suspect is described as a tall, dark male, who is between 20-30 years of age. At the time, he was wearing all black clothing, which included a black surgical-style mask and black shoes with white soles, according to police.
Additionally, police say the suspect was driving a black sports-type vehicle. It also had an unknown sticker on the rear window.
Anyone with information on the attempted kidnapping should call North Ogden Dispatch at 801-629-8221.
- Bountiful man arrested after allegedly kidnapping his child in defiance of court order
- Man accused in Logan kidnapping reportedly claims he thought victim was his wife
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips