North Ogden Police investigating attempted kidnapping incident
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — Police in North Ogden are investigating an attempted kidnapping that occurred Thursday afternoon.
Police say the incident occurred at a meetinghouse belonging to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 626 E. 2600 North just before 3 p.m.
According to a news release from the North Ogden Police Department, there was a delay in reporting the incident of about 15 to 30 minutes.
Police say the 9-year-old victim was walking to her family vehicle after school had concluded for the day at North Ogden Elementary. The family was waiting for the young girl at the church.
Police also say the suspect told the girl he was going to help her find her family. The suspect grabbed her by the arm and then opened the rear door of his vehicle. The girl was able to escape by kicking the suspect in the leg, according to police.
The suspect fled the scene before law enforcement personnel could arrive. The suspect was last seen traveling eastbound on 2600 North.
Police say the suspect is described as a tall, dark male, who is between 20-30 years of age. At the time, he was wearing all black clothing, which included a black surgical-style mask and black shoes with white soles, according to police.
Additionally, police say the suspect was driving a black sports-type vehicle. It also had an unknown sticker on the rear window.
Anyone with information on the attempted kidnapping should call North Ogden Dispatch at 801-629-8221.
- Bountiful man arrested after allegedly kidnapping his child in defiance of court order
- Man accused in Logan kidnapping reportedly claims he thought victim was his wife
Today’s Top Stories
- Father and son found dead inside West Jordan home
- Pedestrian killed on NB I-15 in Ogden, another in critical condition
- Evan McMullin sues super PAC, three Utah news stations for defamatory ad
- Gov. Cox appoints John Luthy to the Utah State Court of Appeals
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Judge dismisses lawsuit alleging OB-GYN sexually assaulted over 100 women
- Intermountain Healthcare and Zipline launch drone delivery service
- Letters from death row: The writing campaign of Doug Lovell
- Three schools in Tooele went into lockdown Tuesday afternoon
- Former Utah Royals owner and coach named in women’s soccer abuse investigation