Inmate death reported at Purgatory Correctional Facility
WASHINGTON COUNTY, Utah — Law enforcement personnel in Washington County say an inmate at the Purgatory Correctional Facility died on Thursday.
Correctional deputies at the facility say they were informed of an inmate unresponsive in her cell around 5:30 p.m.
Deputies and medical staff performed life-saving measures on the inmate, who has been identified as Paige Godwin, 39.
According to a news release, deputies and medical staff were unsuccessful in resuscitation efforts after 30 minutes. The woman was pronounced dead at the jail.
The Washington County Critical Incident Task Force and the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner were notified of the incident, according to county protocol.
Based on the initial investigation, according to the news release, law enforcement personnel say the cause of the death may be an unknown medical condition. However, the investigation is ongoing.
Additional information is pending the results from the medical examiner.
- Inmates at new Utah Correctional Facility aren’t receiving their medications
- Newly freed inmate accused of stealing deputy truck in Juab County
- Idaho inmate arrested in Tooele for failing to reappear after court-ordered release
- Inmate at Davis County Jail found dead in cell, medical issue suspected
- Digital tablets for Davis County inmates to make phone calls
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued