Moab officials lift boil order for impacted part of the city
MOAB, Utah — The boil order that has been in place since earlier this week in Moab was lifted Friday night, city officials say.
The boil order had been in place for properties on W. Center Street and 100 West since Monday. The Southeast Health Department confirmed the water is safe to drink.
UPDATE: 100 WEST/W. CENTER ST. BOIL ORDER LIFTED!
The boil order in place for properties on W. Center St. and 100 West has been lifted. Notices were delivered to all properties tonight. Please follow instructions in the documents provided for flushing water lines. Thank you! pic.twitter.com/HaifZ87bbT
— City of Moab, Utah (@CityofMoab) August 27, 2022
Officials say now that the Moab boil order has been lifted, those impacted by the order must do the following.
- For at least five minutes each, run all of your cold-water faucets on high.
- For a home with several levels, begin at the top of the house.
- Consider flushing for a longer time, if you have a long or complex connection, such as an apartment building.
- If water is not clear, continue to run the tap until it is.
Moab water service was disrupted following flooding last weekend in the city.
WATER SERVICE UPDATE FOR 100 WEST and W. CENTER PROPERTIES:
Service will be restored on Wed. or Thurs. A BOIL ORDER will be in effect for several days for safety because of possible contamination of the water line. Water must be boiled for drinking or cooking during the order. pic.twitter.com/O3RLkdKvVc
— City of Moab, Utah (@CityofMoab) August 23, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered