Fatal crash in Clearfield kills one and injures several others
CLEARFIELD, Utah — A fatal car crash in Clearfield killed one and injured multiple others Saturday evening.
Clearfield Police received reports of the accident at 650 E. and S.R. 193 at around 5:30 p.m., according to a press release.
The crash involved two vehicles, a Jeep Gladiator and a Honda Odyssey. Police received reports that one vehicle had rolled and at least one person had been ejected from their vehicle and was lying in the roadway.
According to the press release, a male in his late 20s, who had been ejected from the jeep, died at the scene. Another female passenger was transported to an area hospital.
Along with this, three occupants of the Honda were also transported to an area hospital.
Each passenger transported to a hospital is believed to have non-life-threatening injuries, the press release says.
The driver of each vehicle stayed on the scene and cooperated with the police.
Investigation into the fatal crash
The accident caused both lanes of S.R. 193 to close between State Street and 1000 E. The lanes remained closed for more than an hour as an investigation into the crash ensued.
Early information shows the collision occurred as the vehicles were traveling eastbound, causing the jeep to roll.
The investigation is ongoing, according to the press release.
No citations or charges have been filed at this time.
The identity of the man who died has not been released at this time.
- School bus driver injured after bus carrying students crashes
- I-80 West closed due to Semi truck crash with fire
- Two people sent to the hospital following crash Sunday in Provo Canyon
- Big delays on FrontRunner from Roy to Clearfield after train versus person accident
- Vehicle crashes into a Clearfield building, claiming the life of the driver
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia