Woman injured after being struck by arrow from target shooter
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Police in West Valley City say a woman was injured Saturday when she was struck in the leg by an arrow in the parking lot of a Walmart.
Police say a man was target shooting with his bow in a field next to the Walmart on 5675 W. 6200 S. when an arrow sailed into the parking lot.
“This was accidental, but not obviously the smartest thing in the world,” said Roxeanne Vainuku, with the West Valley City Police Department said to KSL NewsRadio. “So, there are consequences for that.”
While Vainuke says it wasn’t a deliberate act, charges will be screened because the man was target shooting near people.
The time of day in which the incident occurred is not known.
- DWR places temporary ban on target shooting in 25 wildlife management areas
- Target shooting determined to be the cause of Range Fire
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot