Two men stopped on I-80, transporting over 100 pounds of marijuana
PARK CITY, Utah — Summit County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested two men, on I-80, from Minnesota and Florida after finding over 100 pounds of marijuana in the car. The man from Minnesota is 38 years old and the man from Florida is 26.
In a report from the Sheriff’s Office, deputies stopped the vehicle initially for invalid insurance, the Park Record website said. Additionally, during the stop deputies noticed a faint odor of marijuana.
A K9 then confirmed the presence of narcotics inside the car.
The Park Record website also says deputies found 22 marijuana joints, THC pods, 115 pounds of raw marijuana, and 12.6 pounds of THC resin on I-80 near mile marker 166.
Currently, both men are in the Summit County Jail.
Furthermore, the Park Record says the Sheriff’s Office knows that people use I-80 to move narcotics east from California. Typically, ending up in the Midwest.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia