Shooting in Sandy leaves one person dead and another hospitalized
SANDY, Utah — A shooting in Sandy on Friday morning left a man dead and a woman hospitalized with gunshot wounds.
Lt. Dean Carriger with the Sandy City Police Department said police received reports of shots fired around 10:30 a.m.
Officers responded to the scene near 2000 Oak Manor Drive in Sandy. Officers said they found a man and a woman with gunshot wounds.
The woman, who police estimate to be 33 years old, was taken to the hospital. She is reportedly in stable condition after undergoing surgery.
The man, estimated to be about 40 years old, was found dead at the scene.
Sandy Police detectives are continuing to investigate the shooting, as well as the relationship between the two people found.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia