Shooting in Sandy leaves one person dead and another hospitalized
SANDY, Utah — A shooting in Sandy on Friday morning left a man dead and a woman hospitalized with gunshot wounds.
Lt. Dean Carriger with the Sandy City Police Department said police received reports of shots fired around 10:30 a.m.
Officers responded to the scene near 2000 Oak Manor Drive in Sandy. Officers said they found a man and a woman with gunshot wounds.
The woman, who police estimate to be 33 years old, was taken to the hospital. She is reportedly in stable condition after undergoing surgery.
The man, estimated to be about 40 years old, was found dead at the scene.
Sandy Police detectives are continuing to investigate the shooting, as well as the relationship between the two people found.
Today’s Top Stories
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Oath Keepers boss guilty of seditious conspiracy in 1/6 case
- Senate passes bill to protect same-sex and interracial marriage in landmark vote
- Church announces locations for six previously announced temples
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- What to do after a fender bender in snowy weather?
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident