CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
WVC man charged in federal court for possession of illegal drugs
Sep 2, 2022, 9:30 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 11:27 am
SALT LAKE CITY — A 38-year-old West Valley City man was charged Friday in federal court on possession of a variety of illegal drugs and possession of 19 firearms.
According to a news release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Utah, Innocente Ramirez was charged in federal court with possession of methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl with the intent to distribute.
The news release further states law enforcement personnel found 50 pounds of methamphetamine, 33 pounds of heroin, 13 pounds of cocaine and 5,000 Fentanyl pills.
According to the news release, allegations that are in the criminal complaint and law enforcement affidavit say authorities began looking into Ramirez last month.
Special agents from the Homeland Security Investigations and task force officers from the Utah County Major Crimes Task Force started investigating the suspect and his drug trafficking operation in August.
During the investigation, law enforcement personnel received one pound of methamphetamine from Ramirez. Later in the investigation, authorities discovered where he lived. They also found the storage unit where he allegedly stored his illegal substances in.
From there, authorities sought a search warrant for the suspect’s home in West Valley City and his storage unit.
According to the news release, during the execution of the search warrant on the storage unit, authorities found the 50 pounds of methamphetamine, 33 pounds of heroin, 13 pounds of cocaine and 5,000 Fentanyl pills. Additionally, 17 firearms were found, including two that were stolen.
During the search of the home, authorities found two additional weapons. They also found drug packaging material, and drug paraphernalia inside the home, according to the news release.
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Over two dozen indicted in large drug bust in Salt Lake City
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘They never gave up’: 39 incarcerated individuals graduate from South Park Academy
- Seven months into Adderall shortage, expert offers advice
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Weber, Box Elder, Davis, Tooele counties
- Getting to better conversations on race with Mia Love, acknowledgment is everything
- Text messages reveal Utah lawmakers pressured UTA to pull Pride-wrapped bus out of parade
- After recent tragic events, emergency personnel urge public to use caution
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Man urges pet owners to be cautious around rivers after Oliver the dog was swept away