One lane of eastbound I-80 now open through Parleys Canyon after wildfire
SALT LAKE CITY — One lane of eastbound I-80 through Parleys Canyon has reopened after all eastbound lanes were closed at East Canyon due to a vehicle/grass fire on Tuesday morning.
While two lanes of eastbound traffic remain closed, the Utah Department of Transportation asks that drivers plan ahead and use alternate routes like I-84 or SR-189.
Partially OPEN! One (left) lane of traffic is now OPEN in Parleys on EB I-80 near Lambs Canyon. Fire crews remain on the scene & residual solid delays stretch back almost to the quarry. pic.twitter.com/rZw0QNHaA8
— Rikki Meece (@KSLRikki) September 6, 2022
Utah Fire Info reports that the fire has been 100% contained.
Both eastbound lanes were closed at East Canyon by mid-morning on Tuesday as fire crews attacked a vehicle fire that sparked a nearby grass fire.
Vehicle fire and subsequent grass fire has the Eastbound lanes of I-80 closed at East Canyon in Parleys. Crews estimate a 2 hour closure at this time. Plan travel and use alternate routes (I-84 or SR-189) pic.twitter.com/8o9PKmZO5l
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) September 6, 2022
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis