One injured after person shot in Salt Lake City overnight
SALT LAKE CITY — One person was left in life-threatening condition after a shooting in Salt Lake City early Saturday morning.
Salt Lake City Police say this happened just before 1 a.m. near 500 S. and Post Street. They also believe the shooting was gang related.
Upon arrival, officers located a person with a gunshot wound. The victim has since been identified as 17-year-old Bryan Galicia-Rodriguez. Immediate life-saving efforts were taken by the officers. The victim later died at the hospital as a result of their injuries.
Salt Lake City Police say they believe the suspect fired multiple rounds into the victim’s car, where that person and another were inside. The passenger was not injured.
The suspect got into a vehicle and drove away right after the shooting. There is no description of the suspect or their vehicle currently available.
Working with detectives, officers have started a search of the neighborhood looking for any potential evidence, including any surveillance video that may have captured the shooting.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Ian makes landfall in southwest Florida as Category 4 storm
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Hurricane Ian knocked out power to all of Cuba, Florida officials urge evacuations
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- New poll suggests voters don’t wan’t to see Biden or Trump on the ballot
- US Embassy warns Americans to leave Russia