Bicyclist killed in morning accident
MURRAY, Utah — An accident resulted in the death of a bicyclist this morning. According to Kristen Murphy of the Murray Police Department, the accident happened around 6:40 a.m. at the intersection of Vine St. and Cottonwood St.
A car hit the victim, reportedly a male in his thirties, who then died from his injuries. Police said the driver of the car involved is cooperating.
The cause of the accident is unclear. Police said a critical accident reconstruction team was on its way to review the scene.
Additional details may be released this afternoon via written press release by the Murry Police Department.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold