Church announces updates on temples in Puerto Rico and Sweden
SALT LAKE CITY — The open house for the San Juan Puerto Rico Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be later this year, the First Presidency announced Monday.
The open house for the temple will be from Dec. 1 to Dec. 17, with the exception of Sundays. The First Presidency also announced Monday that the temple in Puerto Rico will be dedicated on Jan. 15, 2023, in three sessions.
On Monday, the First Presidency also announced the Stockholm Sweden Temple will close in 2023 for extensive renovations. The church is anticipating the reconstruction of the temple will take three years. After the renovation is complete, an open house will be held in which all interested individuals will be welcome to tour the temple.
Following the open house, the temple will be rededicated.
- Fire at Orem Temple site believed to be arson, ATF offers reward
- Church breaks ground on the Ephraim Utah Temple
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols