Church announces updates on temples in Puerto Rico and Sweden
SALT LAKE CITY — The open house for the San Juan Puerto Rico Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will be later this year, the First Presidency announced Monday.
The open house for the temple will be from Dec. 1 to Dec. 17, with the exception of Sundays. The First Presidency also announced Monday that the temple in Puerto Rico will be dedicated on Jan. 15, 2023, in three sessions.
On Monday, the First Presidency also announced the Stockholm Sweden Temple will close in 2023 for extensive renovations. The church is anticipating the reconstruction of the temple will take three years. After the renovation is complete, an open house will be held in which all interested individuals will be welcome to tour the temple.
Following the open house, the temple will be rededicated.
- Fire at Orem Temple site believed to be arson, ATF offers reward
- Church breaks ground on the Ephraim Utah Temple
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis