Pleasant View crash leaves driver in critical condition
Sep 13, 2022, 7:30 AM | Updated: 10:00 am
PLEASANT VIEW, Utah — An early morning accident between a Toyota Corolla and a semi-truck left one person with critical injuries.
According to Sgt. Cameron Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash occurred at approximately 1:38 a.m. Tuesday morning. The 2002 Toyota Corolla was traveling northbound on I-15 in Pleasant View.
Roden said the Toyota driver veered to the left and struck the center concrete divider. The driver then over-corrected and the car ended up facing east. Police said the driver of a semi-truck that had been traveling in close proximity to the Toyota began braking as the events unfolded. However, the truck driver was unable to stop before hitting the Toyota.
The semi-truck hit the passenger side doors area pushing the Toyota off the right shoulder where it came to a rest. The semi-truck stopped a short distance ahead of the Toyota.
Neither of the two occupants of the semi-sustained injury. The driver and sole occupant of the Toyota was critically injured and was taken to a local hospital. Police said the driver appears to be a resident of Boise, Idaho.
According to UHP, an initial report indicated that the Toyota had two occupants. Fire and police were unable to locate anyone else after an exhaustive search.
An investigation into the details of the accident is ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Biden administration kicks off student loan debt forgiveness process