Salt Lake City ranks near the top of beauty-obsessed cities
SALT LAKE CITY — From hair salons to spas and medical beauty treatments, Salt Lake City ranks No. 2 on the list of beauty-obsessed cities.
The StyleSeat beauty blog collected Google business listing data for its study. Based on the number of beauty-business listings and ratings, Salt Lake City came No. 2 just after Portland, OR.
The blog said that the high frequency of beauty business visits may be an attempt to support local businesses or a reflection of beauty trends that are on the rise. Whatever the reason may be, Salt Lake City has high demand and high deliverance.
No other Utah cities were among the top 50 “beauty-obsessed.” Once broken down into categories of hair, beauty treatment (nails, skin, makeup), and finally spas, Salt Lake City made the top five on every list.
Within the individual categories, Utahns appear to visit hair salons the least. Although still in the top five, four other cities beat Salt Lake City in this category.
Salt Lake City has the highest number of beauty treatment businesses per resident (these include hair, skin, and makeup businesses.) But, according to the study, Austin, TX had the highest rated services, which put them in first place for nails, skin and makeup just above Salt Lake City.
Finally, the blog ranked Salt Lake City number 3 among the 10-best U.S. cities for spa visits. Beat by no other western cities, Buffalo, NY, and Raleigh, NC took the reigns.
- Voter registration among women is up, Utah not tracking
- Utah drivers rank high in “Safest States in America” study
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them