UPDATE: Midvale shooting kills 16-year-old
MIDVALE, Utah — Sergeant Melody Culter with Unified Police says officers heard gunfire at the Midvale precinct, upon arriving at the scene they found a 16-year-old boy shot. Officers then administered aid until the fire department arrived.
The boy was taken to the hospital where he died from his injuries. At this time, police suspect gang relations to the death.
Unified Police are asking for the public to help in finding the suspects.
Call 801-840-4000 with any information pertaining to this case.
Sept. 16, 2022 at 6:30 a.m.
A shooting in Midvale left a man in critical condition Thursday night.
Authorities received a call just after 9 p.m. of shots fired in the area of 8000 S. and Main St. Unified Police Detective Arlan Bennett the victim was found in very critical condition.
“There were a few suspect vehicles that were reported to have fled the scene shortly after this. At this time we do not believe there is a threat to the public,” said Bennett.
Officers have interviewed a few witnesses however, all suspects are still outstanding at this time.
Authorities are waiting to publicly identify the victim until his next of kin can be notified.
- American Fork Police take Walmart shooting suspect into custody
- Teen survivor of fatal shooting near Hunter High leaves the hospital
- Police: Father told 4-year-old to fire weapon in McDonald’s shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Engineer who refused to approve Challenger launch dies in Ogden
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- 10 famous Utah ghost towns and where to find them