Investigation underway after shooting in Roy
ROY, Utah – An altercation at a party led to shots fired at around 11 p.m. in the area of 5400 S 1950 W in Roy.
Dispatchers were told that multiple shots were fired. Officers found 7 shell casings at the scene.
According to Sgt. Josh Taylor with the Roy City Police Department, a fight led to the shots being fired.
There were no victims at the scene. Officers also report that they found no damage to any vehicles or property near the scene.
People at the scene began to disperse when officers arrived. Witness accounts were conflicting according to police.
According to Sgt. Taylor, police received some information and will be conducting an investigation.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Warrant for a burglary suspect in Richfield turns into drug bust
- Used car prices dropping but supply still low
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Ski season opening day in limbo with lack of mountain snow
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- History and renovations of Salt Lake Temple and other temples
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk