Power Outage in Saratoga Springs effecting more than 2,000 people
Sep 18, 2022, 4:08 PM
(Kristin Murphy/Deseret News)
SARATOGA SPRINGS, Utah — Rocky Mountain Power reported a power outage affecting 2,017 Saratoga Springs citizens Sunday afternoon.
We’re aware of a power outage affecting 2,017 customers in Saratoga Springs, UT. The cause is due to a vehicle accident. The estimated time of restoration is 8:30 pm. For updates, please text OUT to 7759677 or visit https://t.co/5KJ7zd0MQ1. pic.twitter.com/PBctsjePZI
— Rocky Mountain Power UT (@RMP_Utah) September 18, 2022
According to the Saratoga Springs Police Department, a vehicle accident led to the power outage. Police say the vehicle struck a power box, prompting power issues in a portion of the city south of Harvest Hills Blvd.
SSPD is warning drivers to use caution as the power outage is affecting multiple traffic lights. This includes the lights at the following intersections:
- Redwood Rd and Harvest Blvd
- Redwood Rd and Commerce Dr
- Crossroads Blvd and Commerce Dr
- Redwood Rd and Crossroads Blvd
- Crossroads Blvd and Exchange Dr
Police advise drivers to treat these lights as four-way stops.
Rocky Mountain Power estimates the power will be restored at 8:30 p.m.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Utah’s power grid stressed but no rolling blackouts necessary, RMP says
- Power outage in Bluffdale causes late start to elementary school
- Rocky Mountain Power to have planned outages amid heatwave