John Cena breaks Make-A-Wish record after granting 650 wishes
(CNN) — Actor, wrestling legend, and perpetual meme subject John Cena has completed a new accomplishment: breaking the world record for most wishes granted through the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
Cena has granted 650, according to a news release from the nonprofit organization, which helps fulfill the desires of children with critical illnesses.
The athlete-turned-actor started his career as a professional wrestler in 1999 and over time became known as one of the most successful performers in big-time wrestling ever. He has won the WWE Championship a record 13 times.
Cena has a longstanding relationship with the foundation. He granted his first wish two decades ago in 2002, says the release.
And in 2012, he gave the foundation’s 1,000th request to a fan named Cardon.
Cena is the celebrity children most often request to meet, says the release.
He often brings one of his championship belts when he meets the kids, who have a chance to take photos with him.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Fugitive taken into custody following SWAT stand-off in Taylorsville
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023